For any additional questions please email email@example.com.
+WHAT IS RECREATIONAL?
- The recreational program is designed to allow players to become familiar with the game of soccer in an exciting manner. This program is intended to create a no-stress environment where kids are learning the game but also having fun.
+DO THE PLAYERS GET A UNIFORM?
- The players in the recreational program will get one training shirt to be worn at each practice. Additional shirts are available for purchase.
+WHAT AGE DOES REC. START?
- Our program begins at age 5. It is designed to be instructional and is aimed at introducing the game of soccer. Our goal is to get the kids comfortable with a soccer ball and more importantly, to have fun.
+WHEN ARE GAMES FOR THE 5-12 YEAR OLDS?
- We strive to create a no-stress environment where kids are learning the game but also having fun. For ages, 5-12 “games” will be on the second practice day. They will be small-sided games aimed to introduce the skills and techniques taught on the first practice day.
+DO I NEED TO WORK FOR THE VILLAGES® FOR MY CHILD TO JOIN THE CLUB
- No, we welcome families from The Villages® Community and surrounding areas. Parents do not have to work for The Villages® for their child to join the club.
+WHAT LEAGUE DO THEY PLAY IN?
+DO TEAMS ATTEND TOURNAMENTS?
- Yes. Teams are always encouraged to enter tournaments. If your team is interested please talk with your Coach. The Coach will speak with our Director of Coaching to pick out the best tournament for your team.
+ARE GAMES PLAYED ON THE WEEKEND?
- Yes. Games can be scheduled for Saturday and Sunday.
+DOES MY CHILD NEED TO ATTEND TRYOUTS?
- Yes. For detailed information on joining a competitive team click here.
+HOW LONG IS THE SEASON?
- Each season is approximately four months long with games beginning after a month of practice.
+HOW FAR SHOULD I EXPECT TO TRAVEL?
- Half of the games are played at home and half away. The away games, in most cases, are up to an hour away.
+WHAT UNIFORM DOES MY CHILD WEAR?
- Competitive players will receive two uniforms. One home kit and one away kit. Goalkeepers will receive the same kit as field players and will wear the opposite of each game’s field players. We ask parents and players to ALWAYS bring both uniforms. This is because in some instances players will be required to change if the opponent’s colors are too similar. If players do not change the game will be forfeited.